The Canadian Association of Drug Treatment Court Professionals (CADTCP) is dedicated to the development of Drug Treatment Courts and the support of alternative Justice Models in Canada.
Bringing together experienced professionals, the CADTCP works to raise public awareness and impact public policy to reflect the importance and necessity of Drug Treatment Courts. Our members know firsthand that Drug Treatment Courts save lives and save the health and justice system money. Our goal is to ensure that all Canadian Communities have access to effective and accountable Drug Treatment Courts. To achieve that goal, the CADTCP provides information and education that advances evidence based standards and principles for Drug Treatment Courts.
Changing lives through access to effective and accountable Drug Treatment Courts for all Canadian communities.
To provide information, education, standards, expertise, and public awareness for Drug Treatment Courts and other alternative justice models.
- Support the establishment of Drug Treatment Courts
- Provide education and training opportunities
- Advance Drug Treatment Courts standards and principles
- Include the voices of participants
- Support and partner with other alternative justice models
- Inform and encourage development and implementation of best practices for Drug Treatment Courts
- Impact public policy
- Increase public awareness
- Collaborate with justice, health, social services and communities
- Promote restorative justice
- Reduce barriers to access
- Build capacity for integrated approaches to substance use and criminal justice involvement
- Share information regarding alternative justice approaches
- Promote ongoing evaluation and quality improvements